Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Modding

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Feneris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Modding

Post by Feneris » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 am

I was merely curious if anyone has done, or has thought of doing, any mods for Reus?

Johann12345
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Modding

Post by Johann12345 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm

I wanna see a 4 player mod where all the giants run around the planet trying to kill each other and all 4 have special weapons.

yatima2975

Re: Modding

Post by yatima2975 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Feneris wrote:I was merely curious if anyone has done, or has thought of doing, any mods for Reus?
I'm thinking about making a program to edit the xnb files which contain most of the game settings (except the world size, that's hardcoded unfortunately).

That doesn't require altering the code/dlls (which the devs are understandably not too happy about) and is probably also a lot easier to get working. So you can't change the mechanics, but you can change the numbers.

The downside is that the program will be completely useless when the XNA to MonoGame transition happens (or when the devs decide to start using "normal" XML earlier - hint, hint), but I can live with that!