Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Reus news update!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Adriaan

Reus news update!

Post by Adriaan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Check it out forum-giants!
http://reusgame.com/news/

Touriste

Re: Reus news update!

Post by Touriste » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Those news are great ! :D

Vulpecula

Post by Vulpecula » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 am

Annihilation Mode has a possible design pitfall; if cities can expand their borders infinitely, one city could conceivably end up with territory over the entire world and give some astronomically high score. As long as four giants can fend off mobs (or run away from them) coming from a single city, a game could go on indefinitely.

I'm not saying "don't do it", just that the mode will take a lot of tweaking to prevent stuff like this.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Vulpecula wrote:Annihilation Mode has a possible design pitfall; if cities can expand their borders infinitely, one city could conceivably end up with territory over the entire world and give some astronomically high score. As long as four giants can fend off mobs (or run away from them) coming from a single city, a game could go on indefinitely.

I'm not saying "don't do it", just that the mode will take a lot of tweaking to prevent stuff like this.
Good call! I've got my eye on that problem indeed. ;)

syneris

Post by syneris » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:11 am

The army strength of a super city would be insanely high though. Attacking the mobs would end up doing major collateral damage to sources that don't heal by themselves. A weak giant like the forest giant might even die before you could escape attack range. I don't think you can tell which giant the mob wants to attack, so you would have to constantly run all four giants away most of the time. The pros and cons might balance themselves out.

EatingBurger

Post by EatingBurger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Code: Select all

Titan Mode: How will you do if you cannot reload, save if you exit the game, and can't use pause?
Yes! Yes!! YESSSSSSSSS

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 am

Could you add the mental states of some devs ?
It would be great to know how the team is doing !

coanda

Post by coanda » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am

Titan Mode. Hurray! May I make a friendly suggestion regarding it, if practical? Let people still pause - just don't let them interact at all while paused (no giving commands, no moving the camera). Bring up a nice big "Game Paused" screen or something.

Honestly, I've stopped doing anything but play Freeplay, or Timed as if I were in Titan Mode already. But having the mode there formally to remove the temptation to reload just this once would be nice.

Borodin

Post by Borodin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 am

I'm not likely to use Titan mode, but pausing would seem to make sense. Given the bodily function needs of human beings, who probably account for 75% of Reus' purchasers. At least.

becomingjenn

Post by becomingjenn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks for the updates. I know I've been playing this more in the last week or so...I kind of drift from one game to another depending how I feel. I do really like a little of the the forced time limits because when I'm not feeling so well, it makes it a much easier game for me to play, with shorter spurts of concentration needed.

I do hope this gets to a wider audience because I find this game a lot of fun and quite addictive. I'm having a lot of fun with this game and always love to hear more and hope for more because I do think it's a well done and well thought out game.