The main hall was full of explorers. They all wanted to be here for this moment. On the inside balcony a small door opened and gazes went up. Chairman Pinkerton stepped out full of energy and with a big smile. "Explorers, it's good to be back!". Then the crowd burst out in a loud cheer. After a while and gesture from Pinkerton the Renowned Explorers slowly quieted down. "Now, while I appreciate Lady Vaduva's efforts to restore the image of the Society after my period of... fast decisions, I think it's high time for excellence again. It's clear that the world is stagnating and needs discovery, scientific discovery to be specific. Now I want to encourage the Scientists in the room to take the lead and make full use of your fellow explorers skills!" Agatha stood silently to the side of the hall, muttering. "I can't believe it.. He's totally ignoring my brilliant mediocre discoveries of late! Pfff, let the man have his fancy plans, I won't join!" She walked out of the room as her colleagues were already planning their new campaigns.
- Your captain needs to be a scientist
- Agatha can't be your captain.
- Your other 2 crewmembers are non-scientists of the same class (i.e. 2 Fighters or 2 Scouts or 2 Speakers)
- Your score is your Renown.
- Play on Adventure Mode.
- Play on any Difficulty.
BRONZE: 2,000 Renown (1 Medal Points*)
SILVER: 4,000 Renown (2 MP*)
GOLD: 7,000 Renown (3 MP*)
PLATINUM: 11,000 Renown**
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points, but we will track how many you have.
STORY MEDAL: What's the hot scientific lead of the day? What world-view-shattering discovery will the crew make? What's the dynamic between the captain and the 2 non scientists who share their class? How does the world respond to the International Society going for excellence again?
We're keeping track of all the medals you gained in the Hall of Fame.
How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.
- Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
- Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
- Link to it here with a comment.
- Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post to show readers what your story is about.
- Play the game according to the challenge rules.
- Post a screenshot of your Win screen (that is the screen right after the win ceremony) in this topic.*
- Submit by Wednesday, July 27th, 15:00 noon CEST / 05:00 CT. (Check your timezone here)