Game Lag and Crash

MiniSquatch

Game Lag and Crash

Post by MiniSquatch » Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 pm

I bought Reus not that long ago and its a fun game - except that now that im getting into building sprawling complex villages, the game wont stay open for more than half an hour - it slowly increases in lag before crashing. And im not sure why. according to the error logs, it says something about running out of memory - but not only am i not running any programs in the background (only steam and the game) but i have a very beefy gaming laptop that can easily run AAA games. So i am rather confused.

i checked the integrity of the files on steam, no issue there, and i tried attaching the error logs to this post, but it says that a .txt is not a valid format?

Rutger

Re: Game Lag and Crash

Post by Rutger » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am

Hey Boz,

Sorry that you're running into this! This might be a problem with the XNA version of the game. While XNA is stable, it's old and discontinued by Microsoft. We have a test version on the fna-version branch, which is built using FNA, the open-source XNA replacement. It's actively supported, but performance is lagging slightly behind XNA. It has a way lower memory footprint though, which might fix your issue. You can find more information in this topic on the Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/222730/d ... 144548051/

Let me know if that works!