Challenge #135: Retrieval of Monks Past

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Concept: Liort (and Manuel)
Story: Pikminenco
Runner: Flamestalker
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Liort, Noctua Spell, Pistax, Pikminenco, Blackvision

Story:
It was still early in the morning. Pinkerton needed three explorers to go on a special mission. He thought about who were the best candidates. This all had to happen in secrecy, which was why he did it so early during the day. He went past the rooms of Kwame and Molly to wake them up and tell them to meet him in the conference room in half an hour. He also went past the room of Bia only to find it empty. As he turned around Bia was standing there with sword in hand. Pinkerton explained why he needed her and she seemed to understand. She sheathed her sword and proceeded to the conference hall. Pinkerton followed suit.

After little more that half an hour everybody was present in the room.Molly and Kwame still looked a bit sleepy. Bia, who had her legs and arms crossed, on the other hand was looking at Pinkerton angrily and started to question why she stopped her training for this. Pinkerton tapped on the board to get everyone's attention.
''Thanks to all of you for coming here on such a short notice. I have received a request that can only be led by the three of you.'' Pinkerton said. Bia raised her arm while still looking frustrated.
''I will get to that in a moment don't worry.'' Pinkerton said. Bia lowered her arm and huffed in annoyance. Pinkerton continued the briefing. ''He has trusted you to take on this mission because of your experience from three years ago. He has also stated that there should be no scientists allowed in your crew. Are there any questions?'' Pinkerton asked. All three of the explorers raised their hand. Pinkerton sighed and pointed to Bia.
''Why?'' she asked. Pinkerton raised an eyebrow.
''What part isn't clear?'' he asked.
''All of it.'' Bia responded. Kwame and Molly lowered their hand and nodded. Pinkerton sighed again.
''Look I also have no idea why it is he only allowed it to be you three, but if the Count specifically asks for a set of people it is hard to deny.'' he said. Kwame lightened up a bit.
''I am sure I can combine this with some charity work.'' He said.
''I could practice my combat skills a bit more!'' Molly said enthusiastically. Pinkerton looked at Bia.
''Eh, sure.'' Bia said.
''But what about the scientists?'' Kwame asked.
''Euhh...all of them are busy with developing some new kind of scientific marvel. So that is why they can't be bothered right now.'' Molly raised her hand. Pinkerton responded.
''Yes what is it?''
''Even Min-Jeong?'' she asked.
''Especially Min-Jeong.'' he responded while sweating. The three look at each other.
''What could she possibly be working on that's so important?'' Molly asked. Kwame laughed and answered.
''Perhaps another method to keep Pinkerton in check.'' The three explorers laughed loudly.

Pinkerton smacked his hand on the table next to him to regain order. The others got quiet.
''The Count has asked you to bring back these specific things.'' Pinkerton said pointed at the objects on the board. The explorers examined the board with a questioning look.
''Why does he want these things anyway? What use do they have to him?'' Kwame asked
Pinkerton raised his shoulders.
''He didn't specify. He was dead set on wanting these treasures though.'' he said. Bia raised her hand again and looked even more angry than when they started.
''And....and that is all the information I have. I trust that this will be another successful expedition. Now if you will excuse me I have to go to some places to not get blackmailed.'' Pinkerton said and left the room in a hurry.

Rules:
  • Your captain must be Kwame, Bia or Molly
  • you cannot bring any Scientists
  • You get bonus points for bringing back the following treasures: Medieval Devil, Archaeopteryx Fossil, Nordic Bracelet, Urquchillay Idol, Emerged Snail and Living Crystal
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + 500 Bonus Points for each of the listed treasures you bring back. And you get another 2000 Points if you bring back all six!

The treasures are: Medieval Devil, Archaeopteryx Fossil, Nordic Bracelet, Urquchillay Idol, Emerged Snail and Living Crystal
  • BRONZE: 3000 Points(1MP*)
  • SILVER: 8000 Points(2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 Points(3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: The highest scoring entry (that reached gold) with each captain(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 03/10/2018(Or 10/03/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 508 or later

Story ideasWhat are all the Scientist doing? Why did the count want these explorers and treasures specifically? Is Pinkerton getting blackmailed!?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #134: Entourage Appreciation Day