Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge #142: Low Profile

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Author: Blackvision
Contributions from: Pistax, Liort, DHBTVS, Flamestalker, acidphoenix

Tagline : Can the Explorers keep a low profile?

Story:
''Well done Charles. Your cooking has improved dramatically. You have earned a reward.'' Hildegard said. She reached for her pocket and grabbed a small golden star.
''This sticker is for you!'' she said. Charles looked at the sticker in his hand.
''What am I supposed to do with this?'' he asked. Hildegard did not hear his question.
''You're welcome! Now I have to go and give other people some stickers! Bye for now!'' she said and joyfully skipped out of the room. Anna and Harry had finished their plate and walked towards him.
''I don't know what has gotten into her but she keeps giving people these stickers when they learn something new.'' Harry said. Anna nodded.
''I understand she wants to encourage people to achieve more, but at this point it has gotten quite annoying. Just this morning she gave one to me.......''

''Eureka!'' Anna yelled while holding her new invention proudly above her. Suddenly Hildegard jumped out of a locker. ''Eureka indeed! Here is a sticker!'' she said while jumping out the locker. Anna nearly dropped her invention by the sheer surprise of Hildegard jumping out. ''How.....how did you get in here?'' she asked surprised.
''I hang around with Harry a lot and also because of magic!'' Hildegard said and put a sticker on Anna's invention.
''Gotta go now! There is more rewarding to do!'' she said and left the room.

Anna looked at the sticker in her hand. ''I was certain I had locked the door.''
''She just seemingly appears near society members that improve themselves. That might be very problematic for expeditions.'' Harry pondered.
''Maybe if we don't improve anything we can keep her from popping behind us all the time. That way we can focus on the expedition.'' Anna suggests. Charles cleared his throat.
''But where am I supposed to keep this thing?'' he asked while pointing at the sticker in his hands.
''I could put them on Pinkerton's face while he is asleep.'' Harry suggested. Charles chuckled.
''You go and do that.'' he said and both Charles and Anna gave their stickers to Harry, who had an evil grin on his face. Harry and Anna walked away. Charles walked to the window to look at Bia training when suddenly Hildegard appeared from the bushes behind her.
''Good job Bia. You've earned a....NO DON'T POINT YOUR SWORD AT ME!''

Rules:
  • Each time you level up a crew member, you will reduce your potential points - the lower level your crew members are, the bigger the bonus you will receive at the end.
  • You may not use Yu, Anna or Kwame as your captain.
  • Any crew members are allowed.
  • You must do a four-star (for Silver or Bronze) or five-star expedition (for Gold or Platinum) as a final expedition and defeat an expedition boss there (not just an epic encounter).
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
  • Gold and Platinum are only available if you do not use Harry in your crew.
Scoring:
Your score is your renown plus/minus any bonuses:

For each crew member, you will receive points according to their level at the end:
For each level 5 crew member, you will lose 2500 points.
For each level 4 crew member, you will lose 1000 points.
For each level 3 crew member, you will gain 1500 points.
For each level 2 crew member, you will gain 3000 points.
For each level 1 crew member, you will gain 5000 points.

Dont forget to add a screenshot(s) of the passport to verify what level your explorers were.
  • BRONZE: 0 points (must finish the four or five star expedition and cannot have negative points to be eligible) (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 9500 points and finish on a four or five star expedition (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 18500 points and must finish with a 5 star expedition without having Harry in your crew (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 30000 points and must finish with a 5 star expedition without having Harry in your crew(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

The Chairman's Suggestions
You can still enter lots of encounters - the key with this challenge is to never level your characters up (or decide early how far you'll want to level them up)! Plan your crew with this in mind too - some leveling-up options won't be available if you decide not to increase them.

Also bear in mind that your crew will have lower spirit in encounters if they are lower level - don't get complacent if you're used to having a high-level crew!

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 21/11/2018 (Or 11/21/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Remember to include a screenshot of your passport on the finishing screen - it must show the main passport picture, not individual crew members in order to display all of their levels. This can be accessed on the final screen by clicking the red passport icon on the lower left side of the screen.

Game Version
Must be Build 512 or later

Story ideas: How can the explorers clear expeditions without improving themselves? Why does Hildegard give these stickers to people? How many stickers can Harry put on Pinkerton's face before he wakes up?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #141: Double Booked - click here